Sativa strain vs Indica strain: Understanding the difference between sativa and Indica ,effects, and their uses in 2021.
When shopping or purchasing cannabis strain in a dispensary or an online shop online, you will realize they have divided cannabis strain into Indica cannabis strain, Sativa cannabis strain, and Hybrid cannabis strain.
Most Cannabis consumers used these different weed types as a touchstone for outlining the effects, uses, and differences of each strain.
Sativa vs Indica: Outlining their basic difference.
When consumers of marijuana or cannabis strain thinking of Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid Strain, they think that Indica strains are physically sedating, perfect for relaxing with a movie or as a nightcap before bed, Indica help reduces anxiety affects, increase creativity and Sativa strains are energizing with uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity, social gatherings, and creative projects.
I thought hybrid strains to have a mix of Indica and Sativa effects depending on the traits from their parent strains.
Let’s look at where the terms “Indica,” “Sativa,” and “Hybrid” actually come from, and how a cannabis strain’s chemical profile interacts with your unique body to make you feel effects.
Origin of Indica and Sativa Strain.
The word Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid is used to distinguish between the cannabis strain.
What is Sativa Strain?
Sativa described hemp plants found in Europe and western Eurasia, where it was cultivated for its fiber and seeds. Sativa strains are energizing with uplifting cerebral effects that pair well with physical activity, social gatherings, creativity, gives consumers better sleep, increases appetite.
While not all sativa marijuana strains will energize you, most consumers notice a high tendency for sativa strain to produce a “head high,” an uplifting, stimulating effect. They also often report sativa strain as being helpful in mitigating stress or anxiety, and many consumers enjoy sativa marijuana to sharpen focus and boost creativity/motivation.
List of top sativa strains in 2021.
There are different Sativa strains to try, and you’ve likely heard of some of the most popular. Most dispensaries should stock at least some of these sativa weed strains as they’re a crowd-favorite.
- Sour Diesel
- Jack Herer
- Green Crack
- Durban Poison
- Strawberry Cough
- Amnesia Haze
- Super Lemon Haze
- Super Silver Haze
What is Indica Strain?
Indica cannabis strain refers to the intoxicating varieties discovered in India, where it was harvested for its seeds, fiber, and hashish production. Many Indica marijuana strain consumers confirmed it’s perfect for relaxing with a movie before bed, Indica help reduces anxiety effects, increase creativity.
Characteristic of Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid Strain.
Below I’m going to outline some major
- Sorry, no results were found
characteristic of Indica strain, Sativa marijuana strain and also hybrid cannabis strain in details.
Indica and Sativa Cannabis strain vary not only in their physical Effects but also in their appearance. Indica strain is short and stocky, featuring leaves that are broad and chunky. Sativa strain is taller and skinnier and may even be lanky in appearance, with leaves that are thin and pointed.
What impact’s strain effects: compound or chemical that triggers strains effects.
The effects of different cannabis strains depend on several factors, but mainly on the cannabinoids and terpenes in the strain, or the chemical compounds in it. Some factors include cannabinoids, Terpenes. Below I’m going to give a detail about the following factors below.
All cannabis plant composed of hundreds of chemical compounds that create a unique harmony of effects, which is primarily led by cannabinoids. HTC and CBD are the most common cannabinoids and are driver from cannabis’ therapeutic and recreational effects.
- THC (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol) makes cannabis consumers feel hungry and high, and relieves symptoms like pain and nausea.
- CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-intoxicating compound known to ease anxiety, pain, inflammation, and many other medical ailments.
Cannabis contains dozens of different cannabinoids, but start by familiarizing yourself with THC and CBD first. Instead of choosing a strain based on its Indica or Sativa classification, consider basing your selection on these three buckets instead (both indica and sativa strains exhibit these different cannabinoid profiles):
- Consumers seeking a potent euphoric experience primarily chosen THC-dominant strains. Patients treating pain, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and more also selected these strains. If you felt anxious with THC-dominant strains or dislike other side effects associated with THC, try a strain with higher levels of CBD.
- CBD-dominant strains contain only small amounts of THC and are widely used by those highly sensitive to THC or patients needed clear-headed symptom relief.
- Balanced THC/CBD strains contain similar levels of THC and CBD, offering mild euphoria alongside symptom relief. These are an excellent choice for novice consumers seeking an introduction to cannabis signature high.
If you’ve ever used aromatherapy to relax or relieve your mind and body, you understand the basics of terpenes. Terpenes are aromatic compounds commonly produced by plants and fruit.
We can find them in lavender flowers, oranges, hops, pepper, and of course, cannabis. Secreted by the same glands that ooze THC and CBD, terpenes make cannabis smell like berries, citrus, pine, fuel, etc.
Dosing and Consumption method of cannabis Consumers in 2021.
Your tolerance to cannabis, the amount you consume (dosage), and the consumption method will also determine how a strain affects you. Consider the following questions when looking for the right strain or product to consume.
- How much experience do you have with cannabis? If your tolerance is low, consider a low-THC strain in low doses.
- Are you susceptible to anxiety or other side effects of THC? If so, try a strain of high in CBD.
- Do you want the effects to last a long time? If you do, consider edibles (starting with a low dose). Conversely, if you seek a short-term experience, use inhalation methods.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a strain, but if you find indica strains consistently deliver a positive experience, then by all means, stick to what you know. However, if you’re still searching for that ideal strain, these are important details to keep in mind.